Beyond Video loves DVD and blu-ray donations… and we depend on them to keep building our inventory of 25,000 unique titles (and counting)!
We will gladly accept *any* donations of commercially issued DVDs or blu-rays as long as they are still in working condition, and still have their cases and artwork. We happily accept donations of titles we already own, as well as donations of titles not specifically named on our wish lists (below).
We are not accepting donations of VHS, laserdiscs, or other formats other than DVD and blu-ray at this time. We are also not accepting donations of devices (e.g. DVD players) at this time.
All donated items become the property of Beyond Video, and we reserve the right to sell, trade, recycle, or dispose of items when needed. Every effort is made to use every donation to the benefit of Beyond Video’s ever-growing world-cinema library.
Our wish lists:
While we accept *any* commercially issued DVDs or blu-rays in working condition, we maintain several wish lists of specific titles we know we still need and would like to carry. These wish lists are by no means comprehensive, and we are happy to accept titles that are not on these wish lists.
- DVD Wish List
- Our 30 Most Wanted DVDs
- Our 30 Most Common Needed DVDs
- Criterion DVD and Blu-ray Wish List
- Arrow / Arrow Academy Wish List
- Scream Factory Wish List
- Twilight Time Wish List
- Vinegar Syndrome Wish List
- Warner Archive DVD and Blu-ray Wish List
- Box Set Wish List
How to Donate Discs (please do *not* ship them to our library):
- If you would like to ship a donation of working DVDs and blu-rays to us, please email baltimorevideocollective “at” gmail for the shipping address (which is not to our library on Howard Street, due to our limited hours there)
- If you live in Baltimore and have 10 or less discs to donate, feel free to drop them through the mail slot of our front door at 2545 N. Howard Street any time we’re closed, or bring them in the store during our public hours
- If you live in Baltimore and have more than 10 discs to donate, please email baltimorevideocollective “at” gmail to coordinate the donation
- Please do *not* bring or ship any VHS tapes or laserdiscs for donation. We are only accepting DVD and blu-ray donations at this time.
Other Donation Questions and Info
- While we happily take any DVDs and blu-rays in working condition that still have their cases and artwork, including absorbing full collections that meet this criteria, if you prefer we are also happy to look over lists or pics of potential donations and indicate which items we could most use.
- If you have VHS tapes that you feel certain would be of use to Beyond Video, please email us to discuss. While our general policy is not to accept VHS donations due to the increased storage space and limited demand of this format, we do sometimes make exceptions for titles that are of particular interest such as 1970s and 1980s horror films and films of any genre that were never issued on DVD.
- We can prepare donation-recognition receipts on request for large donations of physical media. These forms require us to estimate the value of the donation, so please indicate in advance of the donation that you are requesting a donation receipt.
- If you represent a filmmaker or film distributor and would like to arrange a sizable donation of your titles, please contact us at baltimorevideocollective “at” gmail. We *do* accept VHS donations of emerging work, btw.
How to Donate Funds:
Contributing a tax-deductible donation that will go toward acquisitions, storage/upkeep, and general operations.
By donating to our cause via our fiscal sponsor Fractured Atlas, you can ensure that the citizens of Baltimore have continual access to an incredibly important and diverse selection of films and videos from around the world representing an extraordinary wealth of creative energy and ideas that can inspire, educate, and entertain our city.
Any other questions? Email us any time at baltimorevideocollection “at” gmail, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.